Tues Training Rides457 Bridge St, Richmond, VT 05477, USAhttps://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1XR6Ztq20hs1endIW_X6u6uXyRX8PUWMM&ll=44.39965909999998%2C-72.99838899999997&z=17457 Bridge St, Richmond, VT 05477, USA
Looking for a weekly training ride to get the blood pumping? The GMBC Tuesday evening training rides travel through Richmond, Hinesburg, Huntington and Williston mostly on roads with light to mild traffic.
Is this training ride for me? Tuesday’s ride is for racers and/or hammer-heads. If you can maintain 18+ mph for 1.5+ hours, you’ll be fine. There will be areas of pace-line at 25+ mph on flats and regrouping points. Consider the Wednesday night ride if this ride is not to your liking.
Start times vary during the year (because of the sunset)!! Riding with front and rear lights is recommended all season.
- Early season (through April): on the road at 5:30 PM or earlier
- Prime season (May through August): on the road at 6:00 PM
- Late season (September until ??): on the road at 5:30 PM or earlier
- Bad weather (current or imminent): most likely cancels ride
GMBC is volunteer-based and sometimes volunteers cannot make the ride. This may lead to groups not being formed and the lack of regrouping points on the ride. We encourage you to talk before the ride, form groups, talk about safety and have a great ride!
Where to Start, Park, and Ride
- Parking/Start – In the field below the Old Round Church in Richmond (see map). Do not park on the paved road next to the Round Church
- Rides vary. Links to some routes are listed below but become familiar with the roads beforehand in case of separation from the group. If you decide to drop out or change your route, let someone know beforehand.
- Share the Road!
- Groups of <= 12 according to speed/fitness
- Know how to ride in a pack.
- Questions: send Kevin an email
Always click refresh (on your browser bar) to be sure that you are seeing the most recent version of all events. This is especially important for race results and cue sheets! Calendar event dates, times and venues are approximate until schedules are finalized in Spring of each year. Ride times listed are MEET TIMES only because the actual ride time will depend on riders, route chosen, changing weather, etc. Evening training ride start times will vary as the sunset time changes and will be earlier in spring and fall and later in midsummer. Saturday (VP) training rides are the opposite and tend to start earlier in midsummer to allow for longer and cooler rides. Check the latest information on the GMBC email list for the most updated information.
Using the Calendar
Users may change the full calendar view as well as the view on the sidebar menu. Options include: full, week, day, list, 4-day, and posterboard. Tours, time trials, crits, training rides and meetings are each color-coded for easy identification. Clicking on an event will provide full information including a map to the start site and ride leader contact information if relevant. Mouse over (hover) an event to see the same information but with smaller text and no map.
Problems or Additions?
Please report problems with the calendar information to the webmaster. If you would like to have your bicycle-related event in Vermont or upstate New York included on the GMBC calendar, please contact the webmaster.