Kevin's email: firstname.lastname@example.org
10/17/2017 All day
Looking for a weekly training ride to get the blood pumping? The GMBC Tuesday evening training rides travel through Richmond, Hinesburg, Huntington and Williston mostly on roads with light to mild traffic.
Is this training ride for me? Tuesday's ride is for racers and/or hammer-heads. If you can maintain 18+ mph for 1.5+ hours, you'll be fine. There will be areas of pace-line at 25+ mph on flats and regrouping points. Consider the Wednesday night ride if this ride is not to your liking.
Start times vary during the year (because of the sunset)!! Riding with front and rear lights is recommended all season.
- Early season (through April): on the road at 5:30 PM or earlier
- Prime season (May through August): on the road at 6:00 PM
- Late season (September until ??): on the road at 5:30 PM or earlier
- Bad weather (current or imminent): most likely cancels ride
GMBC is volunteer-based and sometimes volunteers cannot make the ride. This may lead to groups not being formed and the lack of regrouping points on the ride. We encourage you to talk before the ride, form groups, talk about safety and have a great ride!
Where to Start, Park, and Ride
- Start at the field below the Old Round Church in Richmond (see map)
- Parking is limited at the Round Church. Please keep the noise down so as not to disturb the nearby house. Alternate parking includes the Richmond Park and Ride, the US Post Office, Town Center and Volunteer's Green
- Rides vary. Links to some routes are listed below but become familiar with the roads beforehand in case of separation from the group. If you decide to drop out or change your route, let someone know beforehand.
- Share the Road!
- Groups of <= 12 according to speed/fitness
- Know how to ride in a pack.
- Questions: send Kevin an email