GMBC is currently running an almost normal ride schedule. That said, certain Covid-19 safety practices will remain in force until the VT State of Health says otherwise. Intro rides, touring Rides, Wednesday Evening Training, VP-Saturday rides, Tuesday training rides, and time trials are posted on the Events calendar and all require pre-registration. Practice crits are still in discussion.
GMBC will continue to practice COVID safety, and requires the following from all participants.
- Do not come if you feel sick or have had a known recent exposure to Covid-19.
- Online signup is required for contact tracing. Signup information will be in the GMBC Listserv announcement and the Events calendar for each ride or event. Please do not sign up more than a few days in advance so your Covid attestations are current as of the ride date.
- Keep 6 feet of separation among people in the parking area and rest stops.
- You are required to carry a mask during the ride (in case of a mechanical or a store stop). Even if you are fully vaccinated, stores may continue to require masks and/or other riders who either need or assist with mechanicals may not be fully vaccinated. The mask is a courtesy to the community and your fellow riders who do not wish to have to operate as “mask police” or check vaccination status.
Touring, 'unofficial'-4Jericho Elementary Schoolhttps://thegmbc.com/cal/touring-leaderless-4/90 VT-15, Jericho, VT 05465, USA
Informal touring ride. Touring rides in April and October do not have assigned leaders and do not have a planned route. Due to often unpredictable weather during those months, distance and route is determined by whomever shows up. Only the start/meeting site is predetermined. There may be one or more groups and/or destinations.
No valid “end” times are listed for touring rides because of differences in riders’ speed and distance traveled.
- 2704/27/2020No events
Tues Training RidesRichmond Round Churchhttps://thegmbc.com/cal/tues-training-rides-2/457 Bridge St, Richmond, VT 05477, USAStart times vary during the year (because of the sunset)!! Riding with front and rear lights is recommended all season.
Wed. Training RidesWheeler Natural Area (Dirt Lot)https://www.mapmyride.com/us/south-burlington-vt/gmbc-wednesday-eve-ride-route-1038135711715-1797 Swift St, South Burlington, VT 05403, USA
Start times vary during the year (because of the sunset)!! Riding with front and rear lights is recommended all season. Check GMBC email list for current start time.
- Early season (through April): on the road at 5:30 PM or earlier
- Prime season (May through August): on the road at 6:00 PM
- Late season (September until 24 October): on the road at 5:30 PM or earlier
- Bad weather (current or imminent): most likely cancels ride
Visit Wed Training Rides for additional information.
Questions? Send John an email
- 3004/30/2020No events
- 0105/01/2020No events
Sat Training Rideshttps://thegmbc.com/cal/sat-training-rides/
Almost in Canada Mostly Unpavedhttps://thegmbc.com/cal/almost-in-canada-mostly-unpaved/
25 miles (M) with over 1,300 feet of climbing on dirt and gravel back roads in Sheldon and Franklin, past many small farms, with great views of Jay Peak and Mt. Mansfield. There are some quiet sections of pavement and short sections on the Missisquoi Valley Rail Trail and the railbed that will be part of the Lamoille Valley Rail Trail when that trail is completed. Hammerheads can add a leaderless self-guided loop to the far end that would make their ride 47 miles with 2,851 feet of climbing.
Meeting place: Sheldon, exact location to be announced
Everyone, regardless of membership status, must have a signed GMBC Rider Waiver on record to participate in any GMBC event. You only have to sign ONCE a season and then all rides are covered.