GMBC leadership received an OK from VT State and our insurance provider to reopen at least some scheduled events. On July 4th VP and day touring rides started. Time trials have started and Tuesday evening rides will start on August 11th. Practice Crits and Wednesday evening rides are not likely this year. We must strictly adhere to all the VT State Health guidelines, therefore we have significant changes to our event procedures. These procedures may evolve through the riding season as State and local requirements change.
- Do not come if you feel sick or have had a known recent exposure to Covid-19.
- Online signup is required. Signup information will be in the GMBC Listserv announcement for each ride or event. If you do not subscribe to the Listserv you may look up the announcements here.
- Rides are currently limited to 50 total with no more than 15/group on the road.
- Close drafting is not permitted. Six to ten feet of separation (wheel to wheel) is required.
- You must not “spray” fellow riders when coughing, clearing the nose, etc.
- You must carry a mask for use before and after the ride, during rest stops, and when assisting with mechanicals. The mask is a courtesy to others in case you unknowingly have the virus: my mask protects you, your mask protects me. You do not need to wear a mask while riding (with the above mentioned correct social distancing).
- Bring all your own water, food, bike tire supplies, etc.
- Due to the virus, some ride leaders have understandably decided not to lead their originally scheduled rides. If replacement leaders are not found, those rides will be cancelled. Please contact Phyl if you would like to volunteer.
Sat Training Rideshttps://thegmbc.com/cal/sat-training-rides/
Almost in Canada Mostly Unpavedhttps://thegmbc.com/cal/almost-in-canada-mostly-unpaved/
25 miles (M) with over 1,300 feet of climbing on dirt and gravel back roads in Sheldon and Franklin, past many small farms, with great views of Jay Peak and Mt. Mansfield. There are some quiet sections of pavement and short sections on the Missisquoi Valley Rail Trail and the railbed that will be part of the Lamoille Valley Rail Trail when that trail is completed. Hammerheads can add a leaderless self-guided loop to the far end that would make their ride 47 miles with 2,851 feet of climbing.
Meeting place: Sheldon, exact location to be announced
Covered Bridges of Chittenden CountyCovered Bridges of Chittenden County
23 (E), 30 (E/M) and 36 (M) mile options of rolling hills through Shelburne and Charlotte with the longer ride going through Ferrisburgh. Possible food stops include the Old Brick Store in Charlotte or a convenience store in Ferrisburgh for the long ride. Visit up to four of the five covered bridges in Chittenden County – the Shelburne Covered Bridge and the Holmes, Sequin and Quinlin bridges in Charlotte.
Wed. Training Rideshttps://www.mapmyride.com/us/south-burlington-vt/gmbc-wednesday-eve-ride-route-103813571
Start times vary during the year (because of the sunset)!! Riding with front and rear lights is recommended all season. Check GMBC email list for current start time.
- Early season (through April): on the road at 5:30 PM or earlier
- Prime season (May through August): on the road at 6:00 PM
- Late season (September until 24 October): on the road at 5:30 PM or earlier
- Bad weather (current or imminent): most likely cancels ride
Visit Wed Training Rides for additional information.
Questions? Send John an email
Everyone, regardless of membership status, must have a signed GMBC Rider Waiver on record to participate in any GMBC event. You only have to sign ONCE a season and then all rides are covered.