GMBC rides are back! All currently scheduled rides are posted on the Events calendar. We are even trying to have 3 practice crits in July and August–more on that as the permitting process moves along. Pre-registration for all rides is still requested. Please see the links posted for each ride type on the Events calendar below and on the GMBC Listserve ride announcement.
The GMBC executive committee still hopes that our club will be a model for good covid behavior and hopes that everyone on the rides will be fully vaccinated.
- Please do not ride if you feel sick or have had a known recent exposure to Covid-19.
- If you are not completely vaccinated, please keep 6 feet of separation in the parking area and rest stops.
- Please continue to carry a mask during the ride (in case of a mechanical or a store stop). Even if you are fully vaccinated, stores may continue to require masks and/or other riders who either need or assist with mechanicals may not be fully vaccinated. The mask is a courtesy to the community and your fellow riders who do not wish to have to operate as “mask police” or check vaccination status.
Wed. Training Rideshttps://www.mapmyride.com/us/south-burlington-vt/gmbc-wednesday-eve-ride-route-103813571Wheeler Natural Area (Dirt Lot)1715-1797 Swift St, South Burlington, VT 05403, USA
Start times vary during the year (because of the sunset)!! Riding with front and rear lights is recommended all season. Check GMBC email list for current start time.
- Early season (through April): on the road at 5:30 PM or earlier
- Prime season (May through August): on the road at 6:00 PM
- Late season (September until 24 October): on the road at 5:30 PM or earlier
- Bad weather (current or imminent): most likely cancels ride
Visit Wed Training Rides for additional information.
Questions? Send John an email
Sat Training Rideshttps://thegmbc.com/cal/sat-training-rides/
Upper Valley Weekend: Horse Countryhttps://thegmbc.com/touring/RoutesData/GMBC-Horse-Country-Ride.pdfNorth Side of South Royalton Green194 Chelsea St, South Royalton, VT 05068, USA
Register for Upper Valley Weekend – Horse Country Ride – 07/04/2020 (Saturday) (no fee). https://buytickets.at/greenmountainbicycleclub/388926
Upper Valley Weekend – Horse Country Ride – All three rides start in South Royalton. The short ride (26 M) will travel north to Chelsea and return; the medium (40 M/S) continues up Route 110 to the top of the hill in Washington and back; and the long ride (51 S) goes to Chelsea, up to the Vershire Heights, then down into the Connecticut River valley, back through Strafford and Sharon. There is a country stores in Chelsea, and additional ones in West Fairlee and Strafford on the long ride.
After the ride, cyclists can camp out in South Royalton, stay at an area hotel, or return home. There is a $10 fee for camping, part of which might be refunded. Talk to Pat and Tom to get more info about the camping.
Rouse's Point Rouserhttp://thegmbc.com/touring/RoutesData/GMBC-RousesPointRouser2013.pdfGrand Isle Ferry Parking LotGrand Isle, VT Dock, Grand Isle, VT 05458, USA
Register at Rouse’s Point Rouser – 07/05/2020 (Sunday) (no fee) https://buytickets.at/greenmountainbicycleclub/389166
The mostly flat 60-mile (M) loop heads up from Grand Isle over the Rouse’s Point Bridge and down through scenic, low-traffic, lakeside roads in New York and returns via the Grand Isle Ferry. The short ride (50 miles – E/M) circles Isle LaMotte and returns on the Vermont side. The Social Ride will also be the long loop but at a slower pace. Bring money for the Ferry ride back to VT.
Please park in the ferry lot, not the fishing access lot. Let the attendant know that you will be taking the ferry in one direction.
Everyone, regardless of membership status, must have a signed GMBC Rider Waiver on record to participate in any GMBC event. You only have to sign ONCE a season and then all rides are covered.