GMBC rides are back! All currently scheduled rides are posted on the Events calendar. We are even trying to have 3 practice crits in July and August–more on that as the permitting process moves along. Pre-registration for all rides is still requested. Please see the links posted for each ride type on the Events calendar below and on the GMBC Listserve ride announcement.
The GMBC executive committee still hopes that our club will be a model for good covid behavior and hopes that everyone on the rides will be fully vaccinated.
- Please do not ride if you feel sick or have had a known recent exposure to Covid-19.
- If you are not completely vaccinated, please keep 6 feet of separation in the parking area and rest stops.
- Please continue to carry a mask during the ride (in case of a mechanical or a store stop). Even if you are fully vaccinated, stores may continue to require masks and/or other riders who either need or assist with mechanicals may not be fully vaccinated. The mask is a courtesy to the community and your fellow riders who do not wish to have to operate as “mask police” or check vaccination status.
Northeast Kingdom AdventureCaspian Lake Public Beachhttps://thegmbc.com/cal/northeast-kingdom-adventure/125 Beach Rd, Greensboro, VT 05841, USA
This 54-mile (M/S) ride explores re the southeast corner of the Northeast Kingdom, an area in transition from dairy farms to its next chapter. Interesting attractions include Currier’s Market in Glover (mile 34) with its impressive taxidermy collection and the Museum of Every Day Life and its new exhibit, “Knots” (mile 40). If you’d like to stop for tea at Perennial Pleasures (mile 49.6), reservations should be made in advance. There are stores available in Greensboro, Craftsbury (mile 8), Barton (mile 31), Glover (mile 34), and Greensboro Bend (mile 46).
Ride map will be posted when available.
- 0308/03/2020No events
Tues Training RidesRichmond Round Churchhttps://thegmbc.com/cal/tues-training-rides-2/457 Bridge St, Richmond, VT 05477, USAStart times vary during the year (because of the sunset)!! Riding with front and rear lights is recommended all season.
Tues Training RidesRichmond Round Churchhttps://thegmbc.com/cal/tues-training-rides/457 Bridge St, Richmond, VT 05477, USAStart times vary during the year (because of the sunset)!! Riding with front and rear lights is recommended all season.
Wed. Training RidesWheeler Natural Area (Dirt Lot)https://www.mapmyride.com/us/south-burlington-vt/gmbc-wednesday-eve-ride-route-1038135711715-1797 Swift St, South Burlington, VT 05403, USA
Start times vary during the year (because of the sunset)!! Riding with front and rear lights is recommended all season. Check GMBC email list for current start time.
- Early season (through April): on the road at 5:30 PM or earlier
- Prime season (May through August): on the road at 6:00 PM
- Late season (September until 24 October): on the road at 5:30 PM or earlier
- Bad weather (current or imminent): most likely cancels ride
Visit Wed Training Rides for additional information.
Questions? Send John an email
Everyone, regardless of membership status, must have a signed GMBC Rider Waiver on record to participate in any GMBC event. You only have to sign ONCE a season and then all rides are covered.