GMBC leadership received an OK from VT State and our insurance provider to reopen at least some scheduled events. On July 4th VP and day touring rides started. Time trials have started and Tuesday evening rides will start on August 11th. Practice Crits and Wednesday evening rides are not likely this year. We must strictly adhere to all the VT State Health guidelines, therefore we have significant changes to our event procedures. These procedures may evolve through the riding season as State and local requirements change.
- Do not come if you feel sick or have had a known recent exposure to Covid-19.
- Online signup is required. Signup information will be in the GMBC Listserv announcement for each ride or event. If you do not subscribe to the Listserv you may look up the announcements here.
- Rides are currently limited to 50 total with no more than 15/group on the road.
- Close drafting is not permitted. Six to ten feet of separation (wheel to wheel) is required.
- You must not “spray” fellow riders when coughing, clearing the nose, etc.
- You must carry a mask for use before and after the ride, during rest stops, and when assisting with mechanicals. The mask is a courtesy to others in case you unknowingly have the virus: my mask protects you, your mask protects me. You do not need to wear a mask while riding (with the above mentioned correct social distancing).
- Bring all your own water, food, bike tire supplies, etc.
- Due to the virus, some ride leaders have understandably decided not to lead their originally scheduled rides. If replacement leaders are not found, those rides will be cancelled. Please contact Phyl if you would like to volunteer.
Wed. Training Rideshttps://www.mapmyride.com/us/south-burlington-vt/gmbc-wednesday-eve-ride-route-103813571Wheeler Natural Area (Dirt Lot)1715-1797 Swift St, South Burlington, VT 05403, USA
Start times vary during the year (because of the sunset)!! Riding with front and rear lights is recommended all season. Check GMBC email list for current start time.
- Early season (through April): on the road at 5:30 PM or earlier
- Prime season (May through August): on the road at 6:00 PM
- Late season (September until 24 October): on the road at 5:30 PM or earlier
- Bad weather (current or imminent): most likely cancels ride
Visit Wed Training Rides for additional information.
Questions? Send John an email
Sat Training Rideshttps://thegmbc.com/cal/sat-training-rides/
East Montpelier-Calais Country Ridehttps://thegmbc.com/cal/east-montpelier-calais-country-ride/East Montpelier Park and Ride110 VT-14, East Montpelier, VT 05651, USA
Enjoy a scenic 34-mile (S) tour with over 3,400 feet of climbing through the countryside of Hilary’s childhood stomping grounds of East Montpelier and Calais as we explore lovely, fun, and HILLY gravel roads in the area. Maple Corner Community Store is at mile 24 and the Adamant Coop at mile 29. The route is a figure eight so it is possible to do a 20 mile ride that is also lovely, hilly, and passes both stores Leaders will be riding retired mountain bikes with low tread tires and will do the long loop.
Pleasant Valley Pedalinghttp://thegmbc.com/touring/RoutesData/GMBC-PleasantValleyPedaling.pdfMt. Mansfield Union High School211 Browns Trace Rd, Jericho, VT 05465, USA
This hilly ride starts out on scenic Pleasant Valley Road with a rest stop at The Cupboard in Jeffersonville. A 45-mile (M) option returns via Route 104 and 128, while the 65 mile (S) option heads north to Bakersfield and then to Fairfield, Fletcher and Fairfax before returning though Westford and Essex.
Everyone, regardless of membership status, must have a signed GMBC Rider Waiver on record to participate in any GMBC event. You only have to sign ONCE a season and then all rides are covered.