The GMBC executive committee still hopes that our club will be a model for good covid behavior and hopes that everyone on the rides will be fully vaccinated and boosted.
- Please do not ride if you feel sick or have had a known recent exposure to Covid-19.
- If you are not completely vaccinated, please keep 6 feet of separation in the parking area and rest stops.
- Please continue to carry a mask during the ride (in case of a mechanical or a store stop that still requests masks).
Wed. Training RidesWheeler Natural Area (Dirt Lot)https://www.mapmyride.com/us/south-burlington-vt/gmbc-wednesday-eve-ride-route-1038135711715-1797 Swift St, South Burlington, VT 05403, USA
Start times vary during the year (because of the sunset)!! Riding with front and rear lights is recommended all season. Check GMBC email list for current start time.
- Early season (through April): on the road at 5:30 PM or earlier
- Prime season (May through August): on the road at 6:00 PM
- Late season (September until 24 October): on the road at 5:30 PM or earlier
- Bad weather (current or imminent): most likely cancels ride
Visit Wed Training Rides for additional information.
Questions? Send John an email
- 0409/04/2020No events
Sat Training Rideshttps://thegmbc.com/cal/sat-training-rides/
East Montpelier-Calais Country RideEast Montpelier Park and Ridehttps://thegmbc.com/touring/RoutesData/GMBC-East-Montpelier-Calais-Gravel-Ride.pdf110 VT-14, East Montpelier, VT 05651, USA
Enjoy a scenic 34-mile (S) tour with over 3,400 feet of climbing through the countryside of Hilary’s childhood stomping grounds of East Montpelier and Calais as we explore lovely, fun, and HILLY gravel roads in the area. Maple Corner Community Store is at mile 24 and the Adamant Coop at mile 29. The route is a figure eight so it is possible to do a 20 mile ride that is also lovely, hilly, and passes both stores Leaders will be riding retired mountain bikes with low tread tires and will do the long loop.
Everyone, regardless of membership status, must have a signed GMBC Rider Waiver on record to participate in any GMBC event. You only have to sign ONCE a season and then all rides are covered.