GMBC leadership received an OK from VT State and our insurance provider to reopen at least some scheduled events. On July 4th VP and day touring rides started. Time trials have started and Tuesday evening rides will start on August 11th. Practice Crits and Wednesday evening rides are not likely this year. We must strictly adhere to all the VT State Health guidelines, therefore we have significant changes to our event procedures. These procedures may evolve through the riding season as State and local requirements change.
- Do not come if you feel sick or have had a known recent exposure to Covid-19.
- Online signup is required. Signup information will be in the GMBC Listserv announcement for each ride or event. If you do not subscribe to the Listserv you may look up the announcements here.
- Rides are currently limited to 50 total with no more than 15/group on the road.
- Close drafting is not permitted. Six to ten feet of separation (wheel to wheel) is required.
- You must not “spray” fellow riders when coughing, clearing the nose, etc.
- You must carry a mask for use before and after the ride, during rest stops, and when assisting with mechanicals. The mask is a courtesy to others in case you unknowingly have the virus: my mask protects you, your mask protects me. You do not need to wear a mask while riding (with the above mentioned correct social distancing).
- Bring all your own water, food, bike tire supplies, etc.
- Due to the virus, some ride leaders have understandably decided not to lead their originally scheduled rides. If replacement leaders are not found, those rides will be cancelled. Please contact Phyl if you would like to volunteer.
Sat Training Rideshttps://thegmbc.com/cal/sat-training-rides/
East Montpelier-Calais Country RideEast Montpelier Park and Ridehttps://thegmbc.com/touring/RoutesData/GMBC-East-Montpelier-Calais-Gravel-Ride.pdf110 VT-14, East Montpelier, VT 05651, USA
Enjoy a scenic 34-mile (S) tour with over 3,400 feet of climbing through the countryside of Hilary’s childhood stomping grounds of East Montpelier and Calais as we explore lovely, fun, and HILLY gravel roads in the area. Maple Corner Community Store is at mile 24 and the Adamant Coop at mile 29. The route is a figure eight so it is possible to do a 20 mile ride that is also lovely, hilly, and passes both stores Leaders will be riding retired mountain bikes with low tread tires and will do the long loop.
Pleasant Valley PedalingWilliston Central Schoolhttp://thegmbc.com/touring/RoutesData/GMBC-PleasantValleyPedaling.pdf195 Central School Dr, Williston, VT 05495, USA
Pleasant Valley Pedaling – The 53-mile route (M/S) travels through Jericho into Underhill and then via Pleasant Valley Road into Cambridge with gorgeous views of Mt. Mansfield and farm fields.
- 0709/07/2020No events
Everyone, regardless of membership status, must have a signed GMBC Rider Waiver on record to participate in any GMBC event. You only have to sign ONCE a season and then all rides are covered.