GMBC rides are back! All currently scheduled rides are posted on the Events calendar. We are even trying to have 3 practice crits in July and August–more on that as the permitting process moves along. Pre-registration for all rides is still requested. Please see the links posted for each ride type on the Events calendar below and on the GMBC Listserve ride announcement.
The GMBC executive committee still hopes that our club will be a model for good covid behavior and hopes that everyone on the rides will be fully vaccinated.
- Please do not ride if you feel sick or have had a known recent exposure to Covid-19.
- If you are not completely vaccinated, please keep 6 feet of separation in the parking area and rest stops.
- Please continue to carry a mask during the ride (in case of a mechanical or a store stop). Even if you are fully vaccinated, stores may continue to require masks and/or other riders who either need or assist with mechanicals may not be fully vaccinated. The mask is a courtesy to the community and your fellow riders who do not wish to have to operate as “mask police” or check vaccination status.
Sat Training Rideshttps://thegmbc.com/cal/sat-training-rides-may2021/
Specifics for each ride (e.g. mandatory Covid-19 tracking link, start time, weather, parking) are announced through the GMBC email list usually by Thursday. You may also access the May Covid Tracking form here.
Start times vary during the year. Riding with front and rear lights is recommended all season.
For more information, please see Sat Training Rides.
Introductory Ride for new riders. We will go 12-20 miles at a leisurely pace. Our goal is to teach new cyclists the rules of the road and how to ride in a group. Please see Introductory Rides for more information about these rides.
Covered Bridges of Chittenden Countyhttps://thegmbc.com/touring/RoutesData/GMBC-ChittCoveredBridgeMap.pdf
23 (E), 30 (E/M) and 36 (M) mile options of rolling hills through Shelburne and Charlotte with the longer ride going through Ferrisburgh. Possible food stops include the Old Brick Store in Charlotte or a convenience store in Ferrisburgh for the long ride. Visit up to four of the five covered bridges in Chittenden County – the Shelburne Covered Bridge and the Holmes, Sequin and Quinlin bridges in Charlotte.
Tues Training Rideshttps://thegmbc.com/cal/tues-training-rides-may21/Richmond Round Church457 Bridge St, Richmond, VT 05477, USA
Wed. Training Rideshttps://www.mapmyride.com/us/south-burlington-vt/gmbc-wednesday-eve-ride-route-103813571
Start times vary during the year (because of the sunset)!! Riding with front and rear lights is recommended all season. Check GMBC email list for current start time.
- Early season (through April): on the road at 5:30 PM or earlier
- Prime season (May through August): on the road at 6:00 PM
- Late season (September until 24 October): on the road at 5:30 PM or earlier
- Bad weather (current or imminent): most likely cancels ride
Visit Wed Training Rides for additional information.
Questions? Send John an email
Everyone, regardless of membership status, must have a signed GMBC Rider Waiver on record to participate in any GMBC event. You only have to sign ONCE a season and then all rides are covered.