GMBC is looking forward to having a more normal ride schedule this year. That said, Covid-19 safety practices will remain in force until the VT State of Health says otherwise. Intro rides, touring Rides, VP-Saturday rides, Tuesday training rides, and time trials will be posted on the Events calendar as the schedules are prepared. The status of practice crits and Wednesday evening rides are still in discussion.
We must strictly adhere to all the VT State Health guidelines, specifically mask wearing and social distancing. Our events are outdoors so that takes care of the third major requirement. Procedures may evolve through the riding season as State and local requirements change.
- Do not come if you feel sick or have had a known recent exposure to Covid-19.
- Online signup is required for contact tracing and data will be kept for 30 days. Signup information will be in the GMBC Listserv announcement and the Events calendar (below) for each ride or event. Please do not sign up more than a few days in advance so your Covid attestations are current as of the ride date.
- Rides may be limited to 50 total with no more than 15/group on the road.
- Close drafting is not permitted. Six to ten feet of separation (wheel to wheel) is required.
- You must not “spray” fellow riders when coughing, clearing the nose, etc.
- You must carry a mask for use before and after the ride, during rest stops, and when assisting with mechanicals. Currently, the guidelines require masks even for fully Covid-19 vaccinated individuals.The mask is a courtesy to prevent inadvertent viral transmission. You do not need to wear a mask while riding (with the above mentioned correct social distancing).
- Bring all your own water, food, bike tire supplies, etc.
Tues Training Rideshttps://thegmbc.com/cal/tues-training-rides-june21/Richmond Round Church457 Bridge St, Richmond, VT 05477, USA
Wed. Training Rideshttps://www.mapmyride.com/us/south-burlington-vt/gmbc-wednesday-eve-ride-route-103813571Wheeler Natural Area (Dirt Lot)1715-1797 Swift St, South Burlington, VT 05403, USA
Start times vary during the year (because of the sunset)!! Riding with front and rear lights is recommended all season. Check GMBC email list for current start time.
- Early season (through April): on the road at 5:30 PM or earlier
- Prime season (May through August): on the road at 6:00 PM
- Late season (September until 24 October): on the road at 5:30 PM or earlier
- Bad weather (current or imminent): most likely cancels ride
Visit Wed Training Rides for additional information.
Questions? Send John an email
Sat Training Rideshttps://thegmbc.com/cal/sat-training-rides-june2021/
Specifics for each ride (e.g. mandatory Covid-19 tracking link, start time, weather, parking) are announced through the GMBC email list usually by Thursday. You may also access the June Covid Tracking form here.
Start times vary during the year. Riding with front and rear lights is recommended all season.
For more information, please see Sat Training Rides.
Monkton Ridgehttps://thegmbc.com/touring/RoutesData/GMBC-Monkton-Ridge.pdfShelburne Village Shopping Center20 Shelburne Shopping Park, Shelburne, VT 05482, USA
Monkton Ridge Ride – Three options; 23 (E), 38 (M) and 43 (M) miles will travel some familiar roads and some less traveled. The short ride will not ascend to Monkton Ridge but all rides will have some nice descents which, of course can only reached by some nice ascents. Lots of food stops available along the way.
Everyone, regardless of membership status, must have a signed GMBC Rider Waiver on record to participate in any GMBC event. You only have to sign ONCE a season and then all rides are covered.