The GMBC executive committee still hopes that our club will be a model for good covid behavior and hopes that everyone on the rides will be fully vaccinated and boosted.
- Please do not ride if you feel sick or have had a known recent exposure to Covid-19.
- If you are not completely vaccinated, please keep 6 feet of separation in the parking area and rest stops.
- Please continue to carry a mask during the ride (in case of a mechanical or a store stop that still requests masks).
Wed. Training RidesWheeler Natural Area (Dirt Lot)https://www.mapmyride.com/us/south-burlington-vt/gmbc-wednesday-eve-ride-route-1038135711715-1797 Swift St, South Burlington, VT 05403, USA
Start times vary during the year (because of the sunset)!! Riding with front and rear lights is recommended all season. Check GMBC email list for current start time.
- Early season (through April): on the road at 5:30 PM or earlier
- Prime season (May through August): on the road at 6:00 PM
- Late season (September until 24 October): on the road at 5:30 PM or earlier
- Bad weather (current or imminent): most likely cancels ride
Visit Wed Training Rides for additional information.
Questions? Send John an email
- 2506/25/2021No events
Sat Training Rideshttps://thegmbc.com/cal/sat-training-rides-june2021/
Specifics for each ride (e.g. mandatory Covid-19 tracking link, start time, weather, parking) are announced through the GMBC email list usually by Thursday. You may also access the June Covid Tracking form here.
Start times vary during the year. Riding with front and rear lights is recommended all season.
For more information, please see Sat Training Rides.
NEK Gravel Weekend-Two MountainMike's Tiki Bar parkinghttps://thegmbc.com/touring/RoutesData/GMBC_Kirby-Mountain-Gravel-Ride.pdf44 Belden Hill Rd, East Burke, VT 05832, USA
NEK Gravel Weekend – Two Mountain Gravel – Class 2, 3 and 4 roads over Kirby Mountain to one of the most beautiful valleys in the Northeast Kingdom and beyond. Two variations to get there – one via more Class 4 road. Then both travel along the lovely and relatively flat River Road to Gallup Mills and then up over Victory, back to 114 and East Burke.
For Friday and/or Saturday night, cyclists can stay at Tom and Pat’s house in Lyndonville, just outside of East Burke. Vaccinated folks can lobby early for a spot inside the house but there is plenty of camping in the yard. After the ride, drinks at the Tiki Bar.
If parking at Mike’s Tiki Bar is full, then go to the log yard, Kingdom Trails parking just before East Burke. We will meet by the Tiki Bar.
Everyone, regardless of membership status, must have a signed GMBC Rider Waiver on record to participate in any GMBC event. You only have to sign ONCE a season and then all rides are covered.