GMBC rides are back! All currently scheduled rides are posted on the Events calendar. We are even trying to have 3 practice crits in July and August–more on that as the permitting process moves along. Pre-registration for all rides is still requested. Please see the links posted for each ride type on the Events calendar below and on the GMBC Listserve ride announcement.
The GMBC executive committee still hopes that our club will be a model for good covid behavior and hopes that everyone on the rides will be fully vaccinated.
- Please do not ride if you feel sick or have had a known recent exposure to Covid-19.
- If you are not completely vaccinated, please keep 6 feet of separation in the parking area and rest stops.
- Please continue to carry a mask during the ride (in case of a mechanical or a store stop). Even if you are fully vaccinated, stores may continue to require masks and/or other riders who either need or assist with mechanicals may not be fully vaccinated. The mask is a courtesy to the community and your fellow riders who do not wish to have to operate as “mask police” or check vaccination status.
Way to WeybridgeShelburne Village Shopping Centerhttps://thegmbc.com/touring/RoutesData/GMBC_Way-To-Weybridge-Ride.pdf20 Shelburne Shopping Park, Shelburne, VT 05482, USA
64 mile (M) rolling hills from Shelburne through Vergennes and on to Weybridge. There are a number of food options in Vergennes for either the outgoing or return trip or both.
NEK Gravel Weekend-Wheeling around WilloughbyLake Willoughby, North End parkinghttps://thegmbc.com/touring/RoutesData/GMBC_Wheeling-Around-Willoughby-Ride.pdf67 Songadeewin Ln, Barton, VT 05822, USA
This is a lovely ride on gravel roads, including both class 4 and a CCC road through Willoughby State Forest. It starts at the north end of Lake Willoughby, traveling counterclockwise around the lake. The route heads to the west side of the lake and then by Wheeler Mountain on a Class 4 road, goes out to Route 5 briefly, and then the CCC road through the state forest to Route 5A. After a steep climb up to Newark Pond, the route climbs more on a Class 4 road up and down to Long Pond and back out to Lake Willoughby. Swimming at the lake afterwards.
For Friday and/or Saturday night, cyclists can stay at Tom and Pat’s house in Lyndonville, just outside of East Burke. Vaccinated folks can lobby early for a spot inside the house but there is plenty of camping in the yard.
- 2806/28/2021No events
Tues Training RidesRichmond Round Churchhttps://thegmbc.com/cal/tues-training-rides-june21/457 Bridge St, Richmond, VT 05477, USA
Wed. Training RidesWheeler Natural Area (Dirt Lot)https://www.mapmyride.com/us/south-burlington-vt/gmbc-wednesday-eve-ride-route-1038135711715-1797 Swift St, South Burlington, VT 05403, USA
Start times vary during the year (because of the sunset)!! Riding with front and rear lights is recommended all season. Check GMBC email list for current start time.
- Early season (through April): on the road at 5:30 PM or earlier
- Prime season (May through August): on the road at 6:00 PM
- Late season (September until 24 October): on the road at 5:30 PM or earlier
- Bad weather (current or imminent): most likely cancels ride
Visit Wed Training Rides for additional information.
Questions? Send John an email
- 0207/02/2021No events
Sat Training Rideshttps://thegmbc.com/cal/sat-training-rides-june2021-2/
Specifics for each ride (e.g. start time, weather, parking) are announced through the GMBC email list usually by Thursday.
Start times vary during the year. Riding with front and rear lights is recommended all season.
For more information, please see Sat Training Rides.
Everyone, regardless of membership status, must have a signed GMBC Rider Waiver on record to participate in any GMBC event. You only have to sign ONCE a season and then all rides are covered.