The GMBC executive committee strives to make our club a model for healthy and safe behaviors and we prefer that everyone on the rides is fully vaccinated and boosted.
- Please do not ride if you feel sick or have had a known recent exposure to Covid-19 or flu.
- If you are not completely vaccinated, please keep 6 feet of separation in the parking area and rest stops.
- Feel free to carry or wear a mask if it makes you feel more comfortable.
Sat VP Training Rideshttps://thegmbc.com/cal/sat-training-rides-2023/
Specifics for each ride (e.g. start time, route, weather, parking) are announced through the GMBC email list usually by Thursday.
Start times vary during the year. Riding with front and rear lights is recommended all season.
For more information, please see Sat Training Rides.
Champlain Bridge Ridehttps://thegmbc.com/touring/RoutesData/GMBC_Champlain_Bridge.pdfVergennes Union High School50 Monkton Rd, Vergennes, VT 05491, USA
Champlain Bridge Ride – This ride heads out Lake Road and across the bicycle-friendly Champlain Bridge. The 43-mile route (M) stops at Crown Point while the 55-mile route (M) makes a loop on the New York side through Port Henry.
A separate Social Ride will start at the Champlain Maritime Museum (park at the grass lot across from the Maritime Museum) and include lunch at the Red Barn restaurant at Basin Harbor. Contact Donna Leban at to sign up and let her know if you will be staying for lunch.
Wed. Training Rideshttps://www.mapmyride.com/us/south-burlington-vt/gmbc-wednesday-eve-ride-route-103813571Wheeler Natural Area (Dirt Lot)1715-1797 Swift St, South Burlington, VT 05403, USA
Start times vary during the year (because of the sunset)!! Riding with front and rear lights is recommended all season. Check GMBC email list for current start time.
- Early season (through April): on the road at 5:30 PM or earlier
- Prime season (May through August): on the road at 6:00 PM
- Late season (September until end of October): on the road at 5:30 PM or earlier
- Bad weather (current or imminent): most likely cancels ride
Visit Wed Training Rides for additional information.
Questions? Send John an email
Everyone, regardless of membership status, must have a signed GMBC Rider Waiver on record to participate in any GMBC event. You only have to sign ONCE a season and then all rides are covered.