GMBC rides are back! All currently scheduled rides are posted on the Events calendar. We are even trying to have 3 practice crits in July and August–more on that as the permitting process moves along. Pre-registration for all rides is still requested. Please see the links posted for each ride type on the Events calendar below and on the GMBC Listserve ride announcement.
The GMBC executive committee still hopes that our club will be a model for good covid behavior and hopes that everyone on the rides will be fully vaccinated.
- Please do not ride if you feel sick or have had a known recent exposure to Covid-19.
- If you are not completely vaccinated, please keep 6 feet of separation in the parking area and rest stops.
- Please continue to carry a mask during the ride (in case of a mechanical or a store stop). Even if you are fully vaccinated, stores may continue to require masks and/or other riders who either need or assist with mechanicals may not be fully vaccinated. The mask is a courtesy to the community and your fellow riders who do not wish to have to operate as “mask police” or check vaccination status.
CANCELED: NEK Weekend-Willoughby WanderingsMike's Tiki Bar parkinghttps://thegmbc.com/touring/RoutesData/GMBC-WilloughbyWanderings.pdf44 Belden Hill Rd, East Burke, VT 05832, USA
We are sorry to announce that all rides for the NEK weekend are canceled for this year.
Please pre-register for this ride here.
NEK weekend – Day 2 – Willoughby Wanderings – 47-mile (M/S) ride up through Sutton and Barton, along the shore of Lake Willoughby and through part of Willoughby State Forest. A 30-mile (M) version of the ride returns to Burke via Route 5.
Camping is available at Pat and Tom’s house just outside East Burke; early birds get beds or floor space in the house. BYOB drinks and/or potluck BBQ for anyone who is interested on Saturday afternoon/evening. There is also the Tiki Bar in East Burke which is not to be missed.
- 3008/30/2021No events
Tues Training RidesRichmond Round Churchhttps://thegmbc.com/cal/tues-training-rides-july21/457 Bridge St, Richmond, VT 05477, USA
Wed. Training RidesWheeler Natural Area (Dirt Lot)https://www.mapmyride.com/us/south-burlington-vt/gmbc-wednesday-eve-ride-route-1038135711715-1797 Swift St, South Burlington, VT 05403, USA
Start times vary during the year (because of the sunset)!! Riding with front and rear lights is recommended all season. Check GMBC email list for current start time.
- Early season (through April): on the road at 5:30 PM or earlier
- Prime season (May through August): on the road at 6:00 PM
- Late season (September until 24 October): on the road at 5:30 PM or earlier
- Bad weather (current or imminent): most likely cancels ride
Visit Wed Training Rides for additional information.
Questions? Send John an email
Everyone, regardless of membership status, must have a signed GMBC Rider Waiver on record to participate in any GMBC event. You only have to sign ONCE a season and then all rides are covered.