GMBC rides are back! All currently scheduled rides are posted on the Events calendar. We are even trying to have 3 practice crits in July and August–more on that as the permitting process moves along. Pre-registration for all rides is still requested. Please see the links posted for each ride type on the Events calendar below and on the GMBC Listserve ride announcement.
The GMBC executive committee still hopes that our club will be a model for good covid behavior and hopes that everyone on the rides will be fully vaccinated.
- Please do not ride if you feel sick or have had a known recent exposure to Covid-19.
- If you are not completely vaccinated, please keep 6 feet of separation in the parking area and rest stops.
- Please continue to carry a mask during the ride (in case of a mechanical or a store stop). Even if you are fully vaccinated, stores may continue to require masks and/or other riders who either need or assist with mechanicals may not be fully vaccinated. The mask is a courtesy to the community and your fellow riders who do not wish to have to operate as “mask police” or check vaccination status.
New Ride: Northern Islands InterludeAlburgh Community Education Centerhttps://thegmbc.com/cal/northern_islands_interlude/45 Champlain St, Alburg, VT 05440, USA
Pre-register for this ride here.
Either of these routes can be ridden by riders of all levels. There are no climbs more than a few feet. The long Rt 2 section is traversed early in the ride to avoid heavier traffic later, and the majority of the later part of the ride heads north to benefit from the normal southerly wind.
Stores are located near the bridge between North Hero and Alburgh for both rides and in North Hero for the 50 mile ride.
Ride with GPS (RWGPS) links below allow you to access the route. If you are a GMBC member, your club RWGPS membership will allow you to download offline maps, print cue sheets, and have voice navigation.
RWGPS link for 50 miler: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/37140836
RWGPS link for 35 miler: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/37120931
(RWGPS requires that you create an account for yourself first. If you are a GMBC member, then go to this link https://ridewithgps.com/auto_approve/Club/7267/lMdWMK6phcW5u5o7 to be approved and then you will see the rides in the club library.)
Ride to Quebec (Venice en Quebec) cancelled due to Covid border crossing restrictions.
- 2709/27/2021No events
Tues Training RidesRichmond Round Churchhttps://thegmbc.com/cal/tues-training-rides-july21/457 Bridge St, Richmond, VT 05477, USA
Wed. Training RidesWheeler Natural Area (Dirt Lot)https://www.mapmyride.com/us/south-burlington-vt/gmbc-wednesday-eve-ride-route-1038135711715-1797 Swift St, South Burlington, VT 05403, USA
Start times vary during the year (because of the sunset)!! Riding with front and rear lights is recommended all season. Check GMBC email list for current start time.
- Early season (through April): on the road at 5:30 PM or earlier
- Prime season (May through August): on the road at 6:00 PM
- Late season (September until 24 October): on the road at 5:30 PM or earlier
- Bad weather (current or imminent): most likely cancels ride
Visit Wed Training Rides for additional information.
Questions? Send John an email
Everyone, regardless of membership status, must have a signed GMBC Rider Waiver on record to participate in any GMBC event. You only have to sign ONCE a season and then all rides are covered.