The GMBC executive committee still hopes that our club will be a model for good covid behavior and hopes that everyone on the rides will be fully vaccinated and boosted.
- Please do not ride if you feel sick or have had a known recent exposure to Covid-19.
- If you are not completely vaccinated, please keep 6 feet of separation in the parking area and rest stops.
- Please continue to carry a mask during the ride (in case of a mechanical or a store stop that still requests masks).
Meanders et Beaux VillagesHighgate Elementary Schoolhttps://thegmbc.com/touring/RoutesData/GMBC_Meandres_et_Beaux_Villages-2022-2.pdf219 Gore Rd, Highgate Center, VT 05459, USA
A tour of pretty villages – a 60-mile (M/S) ride across the Canadian border. Bring your passport or other required customs document. Also, you must complete the ArriveCAN app information within 72 hrs of entry. See ArriveCAN website for full and most recent information: https://www.canada.ca/en/border-services-agency/services/arrivecan.html). If you are denied access into Canada, you will need to return to the ride start on your own because the ride leader(s) will continue on with the group. We’ll stop in Mystic for food and pass many farms along the way. There is some dirt – about 4 miles total – and a couple of hills. A short version of the ride breaks off after Mystic and goes 45 miles.
Highgate Elementary School, I-89 north to exit 21 in Swanton, take 78 east to Highgate Center, then left on 207 North, Elementary School is on the left.
- 2908/29/2022No events
Tues Training Rides - AugRichmond Round Churchhttps://thegmbc.com/cal/tues-training-rides-aug2022/457 Bridge St, Richmond, VT 05477, USA
Wed. Training Rides - AugWheeler Natural Area (Dirt Lot)https://ridewithgps.com/routes/367100661715-1797 Swift St, South Burlington, VT 05403, USA
Please register for this ride here.
Start times vary during the year (because of the sunset)!! Riding with front and rear lights is recommended all season. Check GMBC email list for current start time.
- Early season (through April): on the road at 5:30 PM or earlier
- Prime season (May through August): on the road at 6:00 PM
- Late season (September until 24 October): on the road at 5:30 PM or earlier
- Bad weather (current or imminent): most likely cancels ride
Visit Wed Training Rides for additional information.
Questions? Send John an email
Everyone, regardless of membership status, must have a signed GMBC Rider Waiver on record to participate in any GMBC event. You only have to sign ONCE a season and then all rides are covered.