GMBC leadership received an OK from VT State and our insurance provider to reopen at least some scheduled events. On July 4th VP and day touring rides started. Time trials have started and Tuesday evening rides will start on August 11th. Practice Crits and Wednesday evening rides are not likely this year. We must strictly adhere to all the VT State Health guidelines, therefore we have significant changes to our event procedures. These procedures may evolve through the riding season as State and local requirements change.
- Do not come if you feel sick or have had a known recent exposure to Covid-19.
- Online signup is required. Signup information will be in the GMBC Listserv announcement for each ride or event. If you do not subscribe to the Listserv you may look up the announcements here.
- Rides are currently limited to 50 total with no more than 15/group on the road.
- Close drafting is not permitted. Six to ten feet of separation (wheel to wheel) is required.
- You must not “spray” fellow riders when coughing, clearing the nose, etc.
- You must carry a mask for use before and after the ride, during rest stops, and when assisting with mechanicals. The mask is a courtesy to others in case you unknowingly have the virus: my mask protects you, your mask protects me. You do not need to wear a mask while riding (with the above mentioned correct social distancing).
- Bring all your own water, food, bike tire supplies, etc.
- Due to the virus, some ride leaders have understandably decided not to lead their originally scheduled rides. If replacement leaders are not found, those rides will be cancelled. Please contact Phyl if you would like to volunteer.
Not Quite QuebecTractor Supply Company, St Albanshttps://thegmbc.com/touring/RoutesData/GMBC-NotQuiteQuebec.pdf2636 Highgate Rd, St. Albans Town, VT 05478, USA
51 (M) and 64 (M/S) rides on low traffic roads near the Canadian border. The route crosses the Missisquoi River twice and travels along the shore of Lake Carmi.
Please use the sign-in link below if you want to do the ride. If you change your mind, it would be great if you could contact the ride leader to let him know. Also, please note that there is only one leader for this ride.
- 2707/27/2020No events
Wed. Training RidesWheeler Natural Area (Dirt Lot)https://www.mapmyride.com/us/south-burlington-vt/gmbc-wednesday-eve-ride-route-1038135711715-1797 Swift St, South Burlington, VT 05403, USA
Start times vary during the year (because of the sunset)!! Riding with front and rear lights is recommended all season. Check GMBC email list for current start time.
- Early season (through April): on the road at 5:30 PM or earlier
- Prime season (May through August): on the road at 6:00 PM
- Late season (September until 24 October): on the road at 5:30 PM or earlier
- Bad weather (current or imminent): most likely cancels ride
Visit Wed Training Rides for additional information.
Questions? Send John an email
- 3107/31/2020No events
Sat Training Rideshttps://thegmbc.com/cal/sat-training-rides/
Everyone, regardless of membership status, must have a signed GMBC Rider Waiver on record to participate in any GMBC event. You only have to sign ONCE a season and then all rides are covered.